5 Reasons why Nintendo Beat ’06 Profit Target 3 Months Ahead of Schedule
Japan's fiscal year runs from April to March.
Kyoto-based Nintendo had a goal in mind of how much money it wanted to make in net profits for the year.
At the end of December, the company had already met its target – 3 months early.
1. Nintendo's focus on laymen, ladies and the elderly has paid off. Nintendo did not try to beat the devil on the devil's terms…instead the company created a new market.
2. The Wii's is NOT the only star of the company. It's handheld Nintendo DS system is.
3. Nintendo has always focused on kids…who have become adults and have more money now…said one analyst.
4. Nintendo was able to make money from the get go, unlike Sony which sold their consoles at a loss in the beginning hoping to make out in the end….with many many sales.
5. Nintendo's reputation is to aim low and overachieve….And overachieve they did.
Profits were 131.92 billion, up 43% over last year and far ahead of the 120 billion profit target for the year.
My wife is a total non-geek, non-game player. I am worse. At Christmas with family, I saw her giggle with glee as she 'bowled' in my sister's small living room.
Yup…Nintendo has a new market.
What do you think?